Family Law & Criminal Defense in Fort Worth
Attorney Desiree A. Hartwigsen
Desiree A. Hartwigsen grew up in Stephenville, Texas. She graduated from Tarleton State University with a B.S. in Criminal Justice and earned her J.D. from Texas A&M University School of Law 2 years ahead of schedule.
During her academic years, Desiree not only had the opportunity to study Comparative Criminal Justice in London at Queen Mary’s University, but also studied International Criminal Law and International Terrorism while studying abroad in the Netherlands. Desiree is known for providing consistent and coordinated representation for her clients. As a former police intern, she especially shines in family law cases with parallel criminal proceedings.
As an exceptional legal advocate and highly motivated attorney, Desiree says that her passion for family law stems from the fact that each day brings new challenges—something she never shies away from. Desiree excels in her ability to strategize and problem-solve for her clients based on their individual needs and the law at issue. She has represented clients in a wide range of family law cases, including divorce, child custody, child support, adoption, termination, and temporary restraining orders.
When Desiree isn’t in court or volunteering, she enjoys outdoor activities such as camping, hiking, riding the motorcycle or ATV, and watching her husband race motocross. She also enjoys spending time with friends and family, playing with her dogs, and traveling.
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers | 2022
- Three Best-Rated | 2022
- Top Attorney | Fort Worth Magazine, 2020 - 2022
- 360 West Top Attorney | 2020, 2022
Certified Legal Practice Areas
Desiree A. Hartwigsen is here to assist you with family law disputes and criminal charges. Desiree’s skills are especially vital when these two paths coincide and clients find themselves tangled in a family law matter involving criminal proceedings.
- Divorce: Uncontested| Complex | High-Asset
With a background in criminal law and criminal justice, Desiree is highly qualified to assist clients with a wide range of criminal charges and proceedings, including (but not limited to):
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Texas Wesleyan University School of Law | Fort Worth, Texas
- American University, Washington College of Law | Washington, D.C.
- Honors: Study Abroad Program | Hague, Netherlands
- Tarleton State University | Stephenville, Texas
- Midwestern State University | Wichita Falls, Texas
- Honors: Study Abroad Program | London, England
Professional Associations & Memberships
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Texas Family Law Section
- Tarrant County Family Law Association
- Tarrant County Criminal Defense Lawyer Association
- Alpha Phi Sigma | National Criminal Justice Honor Society