Desiree A. Hartwigsen grew up in Stephenville, Texas where she graduated from Tarleton State University with a Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice. During her time at Tarleton, Desiree studied abroad in London, England at Queen Mary’s University where she studied Comparative Criminal Justice.
Desiree attended law school at Texas A&M University School of Law. During her time in law school Desiree also had the opportunity to study abroad in the Hague, Netherlands where she studied International Criminal Law and International Terrorism. Prior to her graduation from law school, Desiree was awarded a spot as an apprentice through the Texas Apprenticeship Network. Desiree graduated from Texas A&M University School of Law with her Juris Doctorate Degree two years ahead of schedule. As a criminal justice major and former police department intern, Desiree provides consistent, coordinated representation in those family law cases with parallel criminal proceedings.
Desiree enjoys practicing family law because each day brings new challenges. Desiree excels in her ability to strategize and problem solve for her clients based on their individual needs and the law at issue. Desiree has experience representing clients for a multitude of family law cases including divorce, child custody, child support, adoption, termination and temporary orders.
When she isn’t in court or volunteering, she enjoys outdoor activities such as camping, hiking, riding the motorcycle or atv, and watching her husband race motocross. She also enjoys spending time with friends and family, playing with her dogs, and traveling.
Areas of Practice
- Child Custody
- Grandparents Rights
- Property Division
- Temporary Orders
- Visitation Possession Access
- Police Fire Service Member Possession
Honors & Awards
- Fort Worth Magazine Top Attorney 2020
- 360 West Top Attorney 2020
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Texas A&M University School of Law, Fort Worth, Texas
- American University, Washington College of Law, Washington, District of Columbia
- Honors: Study Abroad Program the Hague, Netherlands
- Tarleton State University
- Midwestern State University
- Honors: Study Abroad Program London, England
Professional Associations & Memberships
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Texas Family Law Section
- Tarrant County Family Law Association
- Tarrant County Criminal Defense Lawyer Association
- Alpha Phi Sigma, National Criminal Justice Honor Society