Southlake Bankruptcy Attorneys
Interested in Filing for Bankruptcy in Southlake, TX?
Have you been overwhelmed by debt to the point that you are considering filing for bankruptcy? If so, you are not alone. Many people across the country have found themselves in the same situation and have turned to bankruptcy as a solution. If you are considering bankruptcy, you want to know you are working with an attorney who has the experience and knowledge to help you deal with your situation. At the Law Office of Mark M. Childress, P.C., we have helped thousands of individuals and families deal with their bankruptcy issues. We have the experience to get you through the process and back on your feet.
How Does Bankruptcy Work?
Bankruptcy is a legal process through which you can deal with your debts by getting out of certain obligations, reducing the amount you must pay, or stopping collection calls. There are three basic types of bankruptcy: Chapter 7, Chapter 13, and Chapter 11.
Here are brief explanations of each type of bankruptcy:
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy – This type of bankruptcy requires you to prove that you are unable to pay your debts and involves liquidation of your non-exempt assets. Once you are approved for this type of bankruptcy, your debts will be discharged. This means you will no longer be obligated to pay the debts listed in your petition. With a Chapter 7 bankruptcy, you will not be allowed to keep certain assets, such as a second home, a boat, expensive jewelry, and the like.
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy– This type of bankruptcy allows you to work with a bankruptcy trustee to develop a payment plan to pay off your debts over a period of three to five years. As long as you can make the payments as they are due, you will be able to keep your home, car, and other assets.
- Chapter 11 bankruptcy– This type of bankruptcy is used by businesses and allows them to restructure their debts and continue to operate.
It's important to note that not all debts can be discharged through bankruptcy. For instance, certain tax debts, student loans (in most cases), child support, alimony, and some other types of debts may not be eligible for discharge.
Before filing for bankruptcy, you are required to undergo credit counseling from an approved agency within 180 days of filing. Additionally, bankruptcy filings involve complex paperwork and court proceedings, so hiring a knowledgeable bankruptcy attorney is highly recommended to ensure you understand the process and meet all legal requirements.
How Our Southlake Bankruptcy Lawyer Can Help You
At the Law Office Of Mark M. Childress, we believe that each client's situation is unique, and a tailored approach to bankruptcy is crucial for a successful outcome.
Our bankruptcy lawyer in Southlake will work closely with you to:
- Evaluate Your Financial Situation: We will conduct a thorough analysis of your financial standing, including debts, assets, income, and expenses, to determine the most suitable bankruptcy chapter for your circumstances.
- Prepare and File Necessary Documents: Bankruptcy involves extensive paperwork and adherence to strict timelines. Our seasoned legal team will handle all document preparation and filing to ensure accuracy and compliance with the law.
- Represent You in Court: If your bankruptcy case requires court appearances, we will be your steadfast advocates, representing your interests and protecting your rights throughout the proceedings.
- Stop Creditor Harassment: Once you engage our services, you can direct creditors to communicate with us, alleviating the stress of constant phone calls and collection efforts.
- Offer Sound Financial Guidance: Beyond bankruptcy, we are committed to helping you establish a solid financial foundation. Our team will provide guidance on budgeting, credit rebuilding, and overall financial management to set you up for future success.
Filing for bankruptcy is a significant decision that can have a lasting impact on your life and financial standing. Navigating the bankruptcy process alone can be overwhelming, with various legal intricacies and paperwork to manage. As experienced bankruptcy attorneys, we are equipped with the knowledge and expertise to simplify this process and advocate for your best interests.
My questions were heard and answered without having to ask twice.
“Value a capable team with experienced staff. For the past 9 months, the folks at the Law Offices of Mark Childress handled my case with class and empathy. My questions were heard and answered without having to ask twice. I felt like I was kept in the loop and always briefed properly. As I move forward with other ventures I wouldn't be surprised if we crossed paths again. And hats off to Konner, THANK YOU!”
Mark was there to answer every question, every phone call and did it in a way that I felt as if I were his only client.
“I needed an attorney who would stand up for me and my child during a very hard time. Mark was there to answer every question, every phone call and did it in a way that I felt as if I were his only client. He was very knowledgeable not only about the law but about the opposing attorney and the judge. He prepared me well and we won our case. I would recommend Mark Childress to anyone who is fighting for custody or in need of child support.”
I highly recommend him and his staff. They are courteous, prompt and they care.
“I called in inquiring about a divorce and how it all happens. I had 2 people call me back within an hour and in an hour maybe 2 I was talking with the lawyer. I highly recommend him and his staff. They are courteous, prompt and they care. Divorce is the hardest thing we will go through minus losing a kid and his team will be retained. He even called me back himself the next day to see how I was. Great service.”
This guy is amazing. In a matter of minutes, he accomplished what no other attorney could in 6 years.
“This guy is amazing. In a matter of minutes, he accomplished what no other attorney could in 6 years. He had my case figured out in 1short conversation and had what he called "a convoluted mess" fixed. I'm pretty sure my ex felt like he'd been hit by a bus. My family is finally in tact and everyone is finally happy.”
Direct Access To Your Attorney
Our Attorneys personally handle each case themselves. You will have direct access to your attorney to be able to get the answers that you need.
TransparencyHonesty and transparency are critical in building trust with your attorney. You will always know what is going on with your case every step of the way.
At our firm you're not just a case number, our staff will always know the status of your case and help to make your situation more manageable.
Personalized ApproachOur team understands that no two cases are the same. Your strategy will be tailored specifically to you and your family's goals.