Fort Worth Criminal Defense Attorneys
Aggressive Defense for All Types of Criminal Charges
If you have been accused and/or arrested for criminal charges in Fort Worth, Texas, you could face a criminal conviction that might include probation, restitution fines, and, in some criminal cases, jail time. To protect yourself from these potential consequences, it is critical you consult with a criminal defense attorney you can trust.
At the Law Offices of Mark M. Childress, PLLC, our Fort Worth criminal defense lawyers are dedicated to providing unwavering support and effective legal representation to individuals facing criminal charges. We understand the complexities of the Texas legal system and are committed to protecting your rights and securing the best possible outcome for your case.
With a relentless pursuit of justice and a compassionate approach, we are here to guide you through every step of the legal process, fighting vigorously to safeguard your freedom and future.
We aggressively defend clients accused of a variety of crimes, including:
The Impact of a Criminal Accusation in Texas
Being accused of a crime can have significant short-term and long-term impacts on various aspects of an individual's life, whether the allegations are true or not. These consequences can extend beyond the immediate legal proceedings and have far-reaching effects on personal, professional, and social spheres.
- Emotional distress: Being accused of a crime can cause immense stress, anxiety, and emotional turmoil. The fear of potential consequences, uncertainty about the outcome, and social stigma associated with the accusation can take a toll on an individual's mental well-being.
- Damage to reputation: Even before a case reaches a resolution, the mere accusation can tarnish a person's reputation. The news of the accusation may spread among acquaintances, friends, family, and colleagues, potentially leading to strained relationships and social isolation.
- Financial burden: Defending against criminal charges often comes with a significant financial burden. Legal fees, court costs, and potential loss of income due to missed work or job loss can create immediate financial strain.
- Criminal record: If convicted, a criminal record can have long-lasting consequences. It can affect employment prospects, professional licenses, housing opportunities, educational opportunities, and even the ability to travel freely. The impact on future opportunities may persist for years or even a lifetime.
- Reputational damage: Even if an individual is acquitted or the charges are dropped, the shadow of the accusation can linger. The stigma associated with being accused of a crime may continue to affect personal and professional relationships, limiting opportunities and creating barriers to rebuilding one's reputation.
- Emotional and psychological effects: The experience of being accused of a crime can have long-term emotional and psychological effects. It may lead to feelings of mistrust, anxiety, and a sense of injustice. Coping with the aftermath and rebuilding confidence and emotional well-being can be a challenging process.
It is essential for individuals facing criminal accusations to seek the guidance and representation of an experienced criminal defense attorney. Our firm can help you navigate the legal process, protect your rights, and work towards minimizing the short-term and long-term impacts of the accusations you face.
What to Do After Being Accused of a Crime in Texas
The actions you take after you are accused of a crime are crucial to the outcome of your criminal case in Fort Worth. Here are some steps to consider after being accused of criminal charges in the state of Texas:
- Know Your Rights. If you have been accused of criminal charges, you may have to deal with the police. Police officers might come to search your house and arrest you. In the event this happens, remember your right to a criminal defense attorney . The best step to take after being arrested is to remain quiet as anything you say could be used against you in your criminal proceeding.
- Hire a Criminal Defense Lawyer in Fort Worth, Texas. Find an experienced criminal defense attorney in Fort Worth who has worked on cases like yours and will fight to protect you. Once that relationship has been established, work with your defense lawyer to build a criminal defense strategy. Be truthful with your Fort Worth defense lawyer and do your best to be patient as you work through your criminal defense strategy with him/her.
- Determine Your Best Options. Depending on the severity of the crime, criminal defense cases can be resolved within months, or, if a felony trial occurs, over a year. As such, it is important to speak with your lawyer to determine your best course of action after being accused of a crime. In many instances, a defense lawyer can fight for a plea bargain to reduce your sentence.
If you were falsely accused of a crime, our defense lawyer in Fort Worth will help you build a criminal case and determine what actions are in your best interest as you move forward.
Consult with a Fort Worth Criminal Defense Lawyer Today
Whether you have committed a crime or were falsely accused of doing so, consult with a criminal defense lawyer in Fort Worth with professionalism and tact to help you determine your next move. At the Law Offices of Mark M. Childress, PLLC, our Fort Worth lawyers strive to deliver our clients the best results possible for their criminal defense case.
My questions were heard and answered without having to ask twice.
“Value a capable team with experienced staff. For the past 9 months, the folks at the Law Offices of Mark Childress handled my case with class and empathy. My questions were heard and answered without having to ask twice. I felt like I was kept in the loop and always briefed properly. As I move forward with other ventures I wouldn't be surprised if we crossed paths again. And hats off to Konner, THANK YOU!”
Mark was there to answer every question, every phone call and did it in a way that I felt as if I were his only client.
“I needed an attorney who would stand up for me and my child during a very hard time. Mark was there to answer every question, every phone call and did it in a way that I felt as if I were his only client. He was very knowledgeable not only about the law but about the opposing attorney and the judge. He prepared me well and we won our case. I would recommend Mark Childress to anyone who is fighting for custody or in need of child support.”
I highly recommend him and his staff. They are courteous, prompt and they care.
“I called in inquiring about a divorce and how it all happens. I had 2 people call me back within an hour and in an hour maybe 2 I was talking with the lawyer. I highly recommend him and his staff. They are courteous, prompt and they care. Divorce is the hardest thing we will go through minus losing a kid and his team will be retained. He even called me back himself the next day to see how I was. Great service.”
This guy is amazing. In a matter of minutes, he accomplished what no other attorney could in 6 years.
“This guy is amazing. In a matter of minutes, he accomplished what no other attorney could in 6 years. He had my case figured out in 1short conversation and had what he called "a convoluted mess" fixed. I'm pretty sure my ex felt like he'd been hit by a bus. My family is finally in tact and everyone is finally happy.”
Direct Access To Your Attorney
Our Attorneys personally handle each case themselves. You will have direct access to your attorney to be able to get the answers that you need.
TransparencyHonesty and transparency are critical in building trust with your attorney. You will always know what is going on with your case every step of the way.
At our firm you're not just a case number, our staff will always know the status of your case and help to make your situation more manageable.
Personalized ApproachOur team understands that no two cases are the same. Your strategy will be tailored specifically to you and your family's goals.