Arlington Bankruptcy Lawyer
Interested in Filing for Bankruptcy in Arlington, TX
Are you struggling with overwhelming debt and feeling like there is no way out? Bankruptcy may be a viable option for you to get a fresh start and regain control of your finances. At the Law Office Of Mark M. Childress, we offer comprehensive bankruptcy services to clients in Arlington and the surrounding areas.
Our experienced attorneys understand the stress and anxiety that financial difficulties can cause, and we are committed to helping you find the best solution for your specific situation. We will work closely with you to evaluate your financial circumstances and determine if bankruptcy is the right choice for you.
Our bankruptcy services include:
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy: This type of bankruptcy allows you to discharge most types of unsecured debt, such as credit card debt, medical bills, and personal loans. We will guide you through the process and help you protect your assets while eliminating your debt.
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy: If you have a steady income and want to keep your assets, Chapter 13 bankruptcy may be a better option. This allows you to restructure your debts into manageable payments over a period of 3-5 years.
- Foreclosure Defense: If you are facing foreclosure, we can help you explore your options to save your home. We will work with your lender to negotiate a loan modification or other alternatives to foreclosure.
- Creditor Harassment: If you are being harassed by creditors, we can help you put a stop to it. We will work with your creditors to negotiate a payment plan or settlement that works for you.
Is Bankruptcy Right for Me?
Bankruptcy is a legal process designed to help individuals and businesses facing overwhelming financial difficulties get a fresh start by eliminating or reorganizing their debts. While bankruptcy is a serious decision with long-term consequences, it can be the right choice for certain individuals and businesses under specific circumstances.
Here are some reasons why bankruptcy might be right for you:
- Overwhelming Debt: If you have accumulated a substantial amount of debt that you are unable to repay, bankruptcy can provide relief. This includes credit card debt, medical bills, personal loans, and other unsecured debts.
- Foreclosure or Repossession: If you are at risk of losing your home due to foreclosure or your vehicle due to repossession, filing for bankruptcy can put an automatic stay in place, which temporarily halts these actions. Depending on the type of bankruptcy you file, you may be able to keep your home or car by restructuring your debt.
- Creditor Harassment: If you are being harassed by creditors through constant calls, letters, or even legal actions, bankruptcy can put an end to this harassment. The automatic stay prevents creditors from pursuing collection activities.
- Income Loss or Reduced Income: A significant decrease in income, such as job loss or reduced hours, can make it difficult to meet your financial obligations. Bankruptcy can provide a solution to manage these financial challenges.
- Medical Expenses: High medical bills are a common reason people consider bankruptcy. Even with insurance, medical costs can be substantial, and bankruptcy may help alleviate this financial burden.
- Business Debt: For struggling businesses, bankruptcy can be a way to restructure and reduce business debts. This can allow a business to continue operations while addressing its financial issues.
- Legal Judgments: If you are facing legal judgments, such as those resulting from lawsuits or court fines, bankruptcy may discharge these debts or allow you to establish a repayment plan.
- Tax Debt: While not all tax debts are dischargeable in bankruptcy, certain types of tax debt may be eligible for discharge if they meet specific criteria.
- Fresh Start: Bankruptcy can provide a clean slate and a chance to rebuild your financial life. Once your debts are discharged or restructured, you can work on improving your credit and making more responsible financial decisions.
- Peace of Mind: Knowing that you have taken a proactive step to address your financial problems can provide peace of mind and reduce the stress associated with overwhelming debt.
It's important to note that bankruptcy is not a one-size-fits-all solution, and there are various types of bankruptcy, including Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 for individuals, and Chapter 11 for businesses. The right choice depends on your specific financial situation, goals, and eligibility criteria, and it's advisable to consult with one of our bankruptcy attorneys or a financial advisor to assess your options and make an informed decision. Additionally, bankruptcy has long-term consequences, including a negative impact on your credit score, so it should be considered carefully and as a last resort when other alternatives have been exhausted.
At the Law Office Of Mark M. Childress, we are committed to helping you get back on track financially. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and learn more about our bankruptcy services in Arlington, TX.
My questions were heard and answered without having to ask twice.
“Value a capable team with experienced staff. For the past 9 months, the folks at the Law Offices of Mark Childress handled my case with class and empathy. My questions were heard and answered without having to ask twice. I felt like I was kept in the loop and always briefed properly. As I move forward with other ventures I wouldn't be surprised if we crossed paths again. And hats off to Konner, THANK YOU!”
Mark was there to answer every question, every phone call and did it in a way that I felt as if I were his only client.
“I needed an attorney who would stand up for me and my child during a very hard time. Mark was there to answer every question, every phone call and did it in a way that I felt as if I were his only client. He was very knowledgeable not only about the law but about the opposing attorney and the judge. He prepared me well and we won our case. I would recommend Mark Childress to anyone who is fighting for custody or in need of child support.”
I highly recommend him and his staff. They are courteous, prompt and they care.
“I called in inquiring about a divorce and how it all happens. I had 2 people call me back within an hour and in an hour maybe 2 I was talking with the lawyer. I highly recommend him and his staff. They are courteous, prompt and they care. Divorce is the hardest thing we will go through minus losing a kid and his team will be retained. He even called me back himself the next day to see how I was. Great service.”
This guy is amazing. In a matter of minutes, he accomplished what no other attorney could in 6 years.
“This guy is amazing. In a matter of minutes, he accomplished what no other attorney could in 6 years. He had my case figured out in 1short conversation and had what he called "a convoluted mess" fixed. I'm pretty sure my ex felt like he'd been hit by a bus. My family is finally in tact and everyone is finally happy.”
Direct Access To Your Attorney
Our Attorneys personally handle each case themselves. You will have direct access to your attorney to be able to get the answers that you need.
TransparencyHonesty and transparency are critical in building trust with your attorney. You will always know what is going on with your case every step of the way.
At our firm you're not just a case number, our staff will always know the status of your case and help to make your situation more manageable.
Personalized ApproachOur team understands that no two cases are the same. Your strategy will be tailored specifically to you and your family's goals.