Southlake Collaborative Law Attorneys
Compassionate & Experienced Legal Counsel
Collaborative law is a unique approach to divorce that allows couples to work together to resolve their differences. This process is particularly beneficial for couples who are committed to working together and avoiding going to court.
At the Law Office Of Mark M. Childress, we are committed to helping families find the best path forward after a divorce. Our Southlake collaborative divorce lawyer is here to help you navigate the process and help you move forward with your life.
What is Collaborative Law?
Collaborative law is a unique method of alternative dispute resolution. In a traditional divorce, both parties hire a lawyer and prepare for litigation. The parties are usually at odds, and they go to court to resolve their differences. A judge makes the final decision, and both parties must abide by the ruling.
Collaborative law is a different approach that allows the parties to work together to resolve their differences. The process is designed to reduce the likelihood of litigation and to help the parties move forward amicably.
The collaborative law process typically involves the following:
- Both parties retain separate attorneys who have been trained in the collaborative law process.
- The parties and their attorneys meet to discuss the issues in the case and what they hope to accomplish.
- Both parties and their attorneys sign a collaborative law agreement that states they will work together to resolve the case and avoid going to court.
- Both parties and their attorneys meet to discuss the case and try to come to an agreement. The parties can work with other professionals, such as financial advisors and child custody specialists, to help them reach an agreement.
- If the parties are unable to agree, they will need to hire new attorneys and go to court.
What Are the Benefits of Collaborative Law?
Collaborative law is a unique process that can offer several benefits to the parties involved. It is important to note that the collaborative law process is not right for everyone. If you and your spouse are unable to work together, you may need to go to court to resolve your differences.
Some of the benefits of the collaborative law process include:
- Less stressful: Collaborative law is designed to reduce the stress associated with the divorce process. The parties are encouraged to work together to resolve their differences, which can help reduce stress.
- More control: In a traditional divorce, a judge makes the final decision. In a collaborative divorce, the parties have more control over the outcome.
- More privacy: Divorces can be highly contentious, and the proceedings are a matter of public record. Collaborative divorce allows the parties to keep their dispute private.
- More efficient: Going to court can be time-consuming and expensive. The collaborative law process is generally more efficient and less expensive.
What Issues Can Be Resolved Through Collaborative Law?
Collaborative law is a unique process that can be used to resolve a wide range of family law issues. It is not limited to divorce and can be used to resolve a wide range of issues, including child custody, child support, and property division.
At the Law Office Of Mark M. Childress, we are committed to helping families find the best path forward. Our Southlake collaborative law attorney is here to help you navigate the process and help you obtain the best possible outcome in your case.
Schedule a Consultation Today
If you are considering a divorce, you should consider the collaborative law process. At the Law Office Of Mark M. Childress, we are committed to helping families find the best path forward. Our Southlake collaborative law attorney is here to help you navigate the process and help you move forward with your life.
My questions were heard and answered without having to ask twice.
“Value a capable team with experienced staff. For the past 9 months, the folks at the Law Offices of Mark Childress handled my case with class and empathy. My questions were heard and answered without having to ask twice. I felt like I was kept in the loop and always briefed properly. As I move forward with other ventures I wouldn't be surprised if we crossed paths again. And hats off to Konner, THANK YOU!”
Mark was there to answer every question, every phone call and did it in a way that I felt as if I were his only client.
“I needed an attorney who would stand up for me and my child during a very hard time. Mark was there to answer every question, every phone call and did it in a way that I felt as if I were his only client. He was very knowledgeable not only about the law but about the opposing attorney and the judge. He prepared me well and we won our case. I would recommend Mark Childress to anyone who is fighting for custody or in need of child support.”
I highly recommend him and his staff. They are courteous, prompt and they care.
“I called in inquiring about a divorce and how it all happens. I had 2 people call me back within an hour and in an hour maybe 2 I was talking with the lawyer. I highly recommend him and his staff. They are courteous, prompt and they care. Divorce is the hardest thing we will go through minus losing a kid and his team will be retained. He even called me back himself the next day to see how I was. Great service.”
This guy is amazing. In a matter of minutes, he accomplished what no other attorney could in 6 years.
“This guy is amazing. In a matter of minutes, he accomplished what no other attorney could in 6 years. He had my case figured out in 1short conversation and had what he called "a convoluted mess" fixed. I'm pretty sure my ex felt like he'd been hit by a bus. My family is finally in tact and everyone is finally happy.”
Direct Access To Your Attorney
Our Attorneys personally handle each case themselves. You will have direct access to your attorney to be able to get the answers that you need.
TransparencyHonesty and transparency are critical in building trust with your attorney. You will always know what is going on with your case every step of the way.
At our firm you're not just a case number, our staff will always know the status of your case and help to make your situation more manageable.
Personalized ApproachOur team understands that no two cases are the same. Your strategy will be tailored specifically to you and your family's goals.