Child Custody Modifications

The divorce agreement you signed off on is not a millstone that you cannot rid yourself of. If you are struggling to keep up with spousal support payments, you can seek a modification. Likewise, if your ex's financial situation has improved, you can seek a modification that requires higher payments from him or her.

Where should you start if you have questions about post-decree modifications? At the Law Office of Mark M. Childress, PLLC., in Fort Worth, Texas, we can answer all of your questions and help you pursue an outcome that reflects your current reality.

Are you having difficulty meeting your post-divorce obligations due to a change in your circumstances? Call 817-653-8122 for a with our Fort Worth modification lawyer.

Modification Of Spousal Support

The modification of spousal support requires a significant change in circumstances. A drastic loss of income could actually result in spousal maintenance obligations being canceled altogether.

Keep in mind, however, that purposely changing careers or quitting a job for the sole purpose of reducing or eliminating maintenance obligations will not only be frowned upon by the court, but it will also not result in modification being approved.

Child Custody And Visitation Modification

Modifications involving the responsibilities of parents or the structure of the parent-child relationship can occur only for very specific reasons. Any modification must be shown to be in the best interest of the child.

Contact Our Firm

If you are considering seeking modification to an existing support, custody or visitation order, we can walk you through the process. To learn more about how we can help you meet your goals, contact us today for a with an attorney.