Arlington Truck Accident Lawyer
Injured in a Truck Accident in Arlington, TX?
Truck accidents can result in catastrophic injuries and substantial property damage. The aftermath of such accidents can be overwhelming, with insurance companies and other parties involved looking to protect their interests. This is where having an experienced truck accident lawyer on your side can make all the difference.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a truck accident in Arlington, it's important to seek the help of a skilled and experienced truck accident attorney. At the Law Office Of Mark M. Childress, we have a team of dedicated attorneys who specialize in truck accident cases and can help you navigate the complex legal system to get the compensation you deserve.
Understanding Truck Accidents
Trucks, especially semi-trucks or tractor-trailers, are significantly larger and heavier than passenger cars. A typical semi-truck can weigh up to 80,000 pounds (36,287 kilograms) when fully loaded, whereas a passenger car typically weighs around 3,000 to 4,000 pounds (1,361 to 1,814 kilograms). The sheer size and weight difference can result in catastrophic collisions.
In addition, the momentum generated by a truck traveling at highway speeds is substantial, and when it collides with a smaller vehicle, it imparts a tremendous amount of force. This force can lead to severe damage to both vehicles and occupants.
Lastly, many trucks carry hazardous materials or cargo that can pose additional dangers in the event of an accident. Spills, leaks, or explosions can lead to fires, chemical exposure, and environmental damage.
Common types of truck accidents include:
- Rear-End Collisions: Trucks may fail to stop in time, leading to rear-end collisions with smaller vehicles.
- Jackknife Accidents: This occurs when a truck's trailer swings out to the side, resembling the shape of a folding pocket knife, often due to sudden braking or loss of control.
- Rollover Accidents: Trucks, especially when carrying heavy loads or negotiating sharp turns at high speeds, can tip over onto their side.
- Underride Accidents: These occur when a smaller vehicle becomes trapped underneath the rear of a truck, often due to inadequate underride guards on the truck's trailer.
- Tire Blowouts: The large, high-pressure tires on trucks can experience blowouts, which can lead to loss of control and accidents.
- Wide Turns: Trucks need more space to make turns, and they may collide with vehicles in adjacent lanes during turns.
- Cargo Spills: Accidents involving cargo spills can lead to dangerous conditions on the road, including hazardous materials leaks and debris.
- Drowsy Driving Accidents: Truck drivers are often on the road for extended periods, and fatigue-related accidents can be more common.
Who is Liable for a Truck Accident in Texas?
Determining liability in a truck accident can be complex, as there are multiple parties involved in the operation and maintenance of commercial trucks. Liability may be shared among several individuals or entities, and it often depends on the specific circumstances of the accident.
Here are some parties that can potentially be held liable in a truck accident:
- Truck Driver: The truck driver is often the first party examined for liability. If the driver's actions, such as speeding, distracted driving, impaired driving, or reckless behavior, contributed to the accident, they may be held personally liable. Additionally, if the driver was in violation of federal regulations, such as exceeding the maximum allowable driving hours, it can be used as evidence of negligence.
- Trucking Company: The trucking company that employs the driver can also be held liable. If the accident occurred while the driver was acting within the scope of their employment, the company can be held vicariously liable for the driver's actions. The company can also be directly liable if it was negligent in hiring, training, or supervising the driver, or if it failed to properly maintain the truck.
- Truck Owner: In some cases, the truck owner may be a different entity from the trucking company. If the owner of the truck is different and they were negligent in maintaining the vehicle (e.g., failure to repair faulty brakes), they can be held liable for the accident.
- Maintenance and Repair Contractors: If a third-party company or contractor was responsible for maintaining or repairing the truck, and their negligence or substandard work contributed to the accident, they could be held liable.
- Cargo Loaders and Shippers: If the accident resulted from improper loading or securing of the cargo, the company responsible for loading the truck or the shipper of the goods may be held liable.
- Manufacturers: If a defective truck component, such as faulty brakes or tires, played a role in the accident, the manufacturer of those components may be liable. This could involve product liability claims.
- Government Entities: In some cases, poor road conditions or inadequate signage maintained by government entities may contribute to an accident. In such instances, a government agency might share liability.
- Other Drivers: If other vehicles on the road were also involved in the accident, their drivers might share liability if their actions contributed to the collision.
Why Choose Us?
As experienced truck accident attorneys, we understand the unique challenges that come with these types of cases. Truck accidents often involve multiple parties, complex regulations, and large insurance companies that will do everything they can to avoid paying a fair settlement. That's why it's important to have an experienced attorney on your side who can fight for your rights and hold the responsible parties accountable.
We offer a range of legal services for truck accident cases, including:
- Investigation and evidence collection
- Negotiation with insurance companies
- Litigation and trial representation
- Medical expense and lost wages recovery
- Compensation for pain and suffering
Our team will review your case and provide you with a clear understanding of your legal options and what you can expect from the legal process. With our help, you can get the compensation you deserve and move forward with your life.
My questions were heard and answered without having to ask twice.
“Value a capable team with experienced staff. For the past 9 months, the folks at the Law Offices of Mark Childress handled my case with class and empathy. My questions were heard and answered without having to ask twice. I felt like I was kept in the loop and always briefed properly. As I move forward with other ventures I wouldn't be surprised if we crossed paths again. And hats off to Konner, THANK YOU!”
Mark was there to answer every question, every phone call and did it in a way that I felt as if I were his only client.
“I needed an attorney who would stand up for me and my child during a very hard time. Mark was there to answer every question, every phone call and did it in a way that I felt as if I were his only client. He was very knowledgeable not only about the law but about the opposing attorney and the judge. He prepared me well and we won our case. I would recommend Mark Childress to anyone who is fighting for custody or in need of child support.”
I highly recommend him and his staff. They are courteous, prompt and they care.
“I called in inquiring about a divorce and how it all happens. I had 2 people call me back within an hour and in an hour maybe 2 I was talking with the lawyer. I highly recommend him and his staff. They are courteous, prompt and they care. Divorce is the hardest thing we will go through minus losing a kid and his team will be retained. He even called me back himself the next day to see how I was. Great service.”
This guy is amazing. In a matter of minutes, he accomplished what no other attorney could in 6 years.
“This guy is amazing. In a matter of minutes, he accomplished what no other attorney could in 6 years. He had my case figured out in 1short conversation and had what he called "a convoluted mess" fixed. I'm pretty sure my ex felt like he'd been hit by a bus. My family is finally in tact and everyone is finally happy.”
Direct Access To Your Attorney
Our Attorneys personally handle each case themselves. You will have direct access to your attorney to be able to get the answers that you need.
TransparencyHonesty and transparency are critical in building trust with your attorney. You will always know what is going on with your case every step of the way.
At our firm you're not just a case number, our staff will always know the status of your case and help to make your situation more manageable.
Personalized ApproachOur team understands that no two cases are the same. Your strategy will be tailored specifically to you and your family's goals.