Arlington Car Accident Lawyer
Injured in a Car Accident in Arlington, TX?
Car accidents can happen in the blink of an eye, leaving victims with physical injuries, emotional trauma, and mounting medical bills. In the aftermath of a collision, dealing with insurance companies, filing claims, and navigating the legal system can be overwhelming. That's where we come in.
At the Law Office Of Mark M. Childress, we understand the complexities of car accident cases in Arlington, Texas. Our experienced team of attorneys specializes in personal injury law and has a deep understanding of the state's unique laws and regulations. We are dedicated to fighting for your rights and ensuring that you receive the compensation you need to recover and move forward with your life.
Here are some reasons why we stand out as your top choice in Arlington, TX:
- Experience: Our team of attorneys has decades of experience in personal injury law, including handling numerous car accident cases. Their expertise and knowledge of Texas law are invaluable assets to your case.
- Client-Centered: We prioritize our clients' needs and well-being. You are not just another case to us; you are a person who deserves the best legal representation and support during a difficult time.
- Proven Track Record: Our firm has a history of securing favorable settlements and verdicts for our clients. We have recovered millions of dollars in compensation for accident victims.
- Transparent Communication: We believe in keeping our clients informed every step of the way. You will always have access to your attorney and be updated on the progress of your case.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
A car accident, also known as a traffic collision or car crash, occurs when two or more vehicles collide or when a vehicle collides with a stationary object, pedestrian, or animal. Car accidents can result in various degrees of damage to property and, more importantly, can lead to injuries or even fatalities. These incidents can happen for a multitude of reasons, and understanding the common causes is essential for prevention and safe driving practices.
Some of the common causes of car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving: One of the leading causes of car accidents is distracted driving. This includes activities like texting, talking on the phone, eating, or using in-car entertainment systems while driving. Taking your eyes off the road for even a moment can have serious consequences.
- Speeding: Driving at speeds higher than the posted limit or too fast for road conditions reduces a driver's reaction time and increases the severity of accidents.
- Impaired Driving: Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs impairs judgment, coordination, and reaction times, making it a significant factor in accidents.
- Reckless or Aggressive Driving: Aggressive behaviors like tailgating, excessive lane changing, and road rage can escalate into accidents. Such actions often lead to aggressive driving-related accidents.
- Fatigue: Falling asleep or driving while excessively tired can be as dangerous as driving under the influence. Fatigued drivers have slower reaction times and impaired decision-making.
- Weather Conditions: Adverse weather conditions such as rain, snow, ice, fog, and heavy winds can make roads slippery and reduce visibility, contributing to accidents.
- Running Red Lights and Stop Signs: Disobeying traffic signals and signs can lead to intersection collisions, which often result in T-bone accidents.
- Failure to Yield Right of Way: When drivers fail to yield the right of way at intersections, when merging, or during lane changes, accidents can occur.
- Mechanical Failures: Vehicle malfunctions, such as brake failures, tire blowouts, or engine problems, can lead to accidents if the driver is unable to maintain control of the vehicle.
- Poor Road Conditions: Potholes, uneven road surfaces, lack of proper signage, and poorly designed intersections can contribute to accidents.
- Inexperienced Drivers: Inexperienced or young drivers may lack the skills and judgment needed to handle complex driving situations, making them more prone to accidents.
- Inadequate Maintenance: Neglecting vehicle maintenance, such as worn-out brakes, can result in accidents when a vehicle's components fail.
Texas Car Accident Law
Texas follows a fault-based system when it comes to car accidents, also known as a tort system. This means that the party at fault for the accident is responsible for compensating the other parties for their injuries and damages.
Keep in mind that Texas also has a modified comparative fault rule. This means that even if you are partially at fault for the accident, you can still recover damages from the other at-fault party, as long as your degree of fault is less than 51%. However, your total compensation will be reduced by your percentage of fault. If you are found to be 51% or more at fault, you generally cannot recover any damages from other parties.
Ready to Fight for Your Entitled Compensation
When you choose us as your Arlington car accident lawyer, you can expect a personalized and compassionate approach to your case. We recognize that every accident is unique, and we take the time to listen to your story, understand your needs, and tailor our legal strategy accordingly.
If you have been injured in a car accident, contact the Law Office Of Mark M. Childress today for a free consultation.
My questions were heard and answered without having to ask twice.
“Value a capable team with experienced staff. For the past 9 months, the folks at the Law Offices of Mark Childress handled my case with class and empathy. My questions were heard and answered without having to ask twice. I felt like I was kept in the loop and always briefed properly. As I move forward with other ventures I wouldn't be surprised if we crossed paths again. And hats off to Konner, THANK YOU!”
Mark was there to answer every question, every phone call and did it in a way that I felt as if I were his only client.
“I needed an attorney who would stand up for me and my child during a very hard time. Mark was there to answer every question, every phone call and did it in a way that I felt as if I were his only client. He was very knowledgeable not only about the law but about the opposing attorney and the judge. He prepared me well and we won our case. I would recommend Mark Childress to anyone who is fighting for custody or in need of child support.”
I highly recommend him and his staff. They are courteous, prompt and they care.
“I called in inquiring about a divorce and how it all happens. I had 2 people call me back within an hour and in an hour maybe 2 I was talking with the lawyer. I highly recommend him and his staff. They are courteous, prompt and they care. Divorce is the hardest thing we will go through minus losing a kid and his team will be retained. He even called me back himself the next day to see how I was. Great service.”
This guy is amazing. In a matter of minutes, he accomplished what no other attorney could in 6 years.
“This guy is amazing. In a matter of minutes, he accomplished what no other attorney could in 6 years. He had my case figured out in 1short conversation and had what he called "a convoluted mess" fixed. I'm pretty sure my ex felt like he'd been hit by a bus. My family is finally in tact and everyone is finally happy.”
Direct Access To Your Attorney
Our Attorneys personally handle each case themselves. You will have direct access to your attorney to be able to get the answers that you need.
TransparencyHonesty and transparency are critical in building trust with your attorney. You will always know what is going on with your case every step of the way.
At our firm you're not just a case number, our staff will always know the status of your case and help to make your situation more manageable.
Personalized ApproachOur team understands that no two cases are the same. Your strategy will be tailored specifically to you and your family's goals.