After working as a legal assistant for a year, Melissa knew she wanted to pursue a career in law. Melissa graduated from the Texas Wesleyan School of Law in 2004, after which she ran her own practice for four years in Weatherford, Texas.
Throughout her career, Melissa has practiced both family and criminal law, effectively communicating with clients to ensure they pursue the best outcome in their legal disputes. Melissa’s creativity in and out of the courtroom enables her to help clients deal with legal issues without losing sight of what matters most to them.
When Melissa’s not serving the clients at the Law Offices of Mark M. Childress, you can probably find her helping out the Saving Hope Animal Rescue, where she volunteers as an adoption coordinator, or giving her time to the Legal Aid Clinic.
- University of Texas at Arlington
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminology & Criminal Justice
- Texas Wesleyan School of Law
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Texas Family Law
- Bar Section Member
- Tarrant County Family Law Bar Association
- Tarrant County Bar Association