SouthlakeTruck Accident Lawyer
Injured in a Truck Accident in Southlake, TX?
If you have been involved in a truck accident in Southlake, our team at the Law Offices Of Mark M. Childress can help. We have successfully represented numerous clients who have been injured in truck accidents, and we have the knowledge and resources needed to build a strong case on your behalf.
We understand the complexities of truck accident cases, and we know how to navigate the legal system to get you the best possible outcome. Our firm is dedicated to holding the responsible parties accountable and helping truck accident victims get the justice and compensation they deserve.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
A truck accident refers to any collision or incident involving a motor vehicle commonly referred to as a "truck." Trucks are large, heavy vehicles used for various purposes, such as transporting goods, materials, or passengers.
Truck accidents can have severe consequences due to the size and weight of these vehicles. These accidents can result in property damage, serious or catastrophic injuries, and, in severe cases, fatalities.
Common types of truck accidents include:
- Rear-End Collisions: These occur when a truck crashes into the vehicle in front of it. These accidents often happen due to the truck driver's inability to stop in time, possibly because of speeding, distracted driving, or adverse road conditions.
- Jackknife Accidents: Jackknifing happens when the trailer of a truck swings out of alignment with the cab, forming an acute angle. This usually occurs during sudden braking or steering maneuvers and can lead to a loss of control.
- Underride Accidents: In these accidents, a smaller vehicle gets trapped under the rear or side of a truck's trailer. This type of accident is particularly dangerous and can result in severe injuries or fatalities for the occupants of the smaller vehicle.
- Rollover Accidents: Trucks have a higher center of gravity, making them prone to tipping over, especially in sharp turns or if they're loaded unevenly. Rollover accidents can be very destructive and dangerous.
- Blind Spot Accidents: Trucks have significant blind spots, especially on the right side and directly behind them. Other vehicles can end up in these blind spots, leading to accidents when the truck changes lanes or makes turns.
- Tire Blowouts: Blowouts of a truck's tires can lead to loss of control and accidents. This can happen due to worn-out tires, overloading, or road debris.
- Cargo Spill Accidents: If the cargo in a truck isn't properly secured, it can shift during transport, causing the truck to become unbalanced or spill its cargo onto the road. This can lead to accidents and hazardous road conditions.
- Fatigue-Related Accidents: Truck drivers often face long hours on the road, and fatigue can impair their ability to drive safely. Falling asleep at the wheel or reduced reaction times due to fatigue can lead to accidents.
- DUI Accidents: Accidents involving trucks can also occur when the truck driver is under the influence of alcohol or drugs, impairing their ability to drive safely.
- Weather-Related Accidents: Trucks are particularly vulnerable to adverse weather conditions like ice, snow, rain, and fog due to their size and weight. These conditions can lead to accidents if drivers don't adjust their driving to suit the weather.
- Mechanical Failures: Accidents can result from mechanical failures, such as brake malfunctions, steering problems, or engine failures, which can cause the driver to lose control of the truck.
- Runaway Trucks: This type of accident occurs when a truck loses its brakes on a steep incline and becomes uncontrollable, often leading to crashes.
Who is Liable in a Truck Accident?
Determining liability in a truck accident can be complex because multiple parties can potentially be held responsible for the accident, depending on the specific circumstances.
The following are some of the key parties who may be held liable for a truck accident:
- Truck Driver: The truck driver is often the first party examined for liability. They can be held responsible if they were driving recklessly, distracted, under the influence of drugs or alcohol, fatigued, or in violation of traffic laws. Negligent actions or omissions on the part of the driver can lead to personal liability.
- Trucking Company: The trucking company that employs the driver may also be held liable. If the company hired an unqualified or unsafe driver, failed to adequately train the driver, encouraged or pressured the driver to exceed legally mandated driving hours, or neglected proper maintenance of the truck, they could share liability for the accident.
- Truck Owner: If the truck involved in the accident is not owned by the trucking company but is instead owned by another entity, such as an individual or a leasing company, that owner may share liability if the accident resulted from equipment or maintenance issues.
- Maintenance and Repair Providers: Companies responsible for maintaining and repairing the truck can be held liable if an accident occurs due to poor maintenance, inadequate repairs, or negligent inspections. Faulty brakes, tires, or other essential components can lead to accidents and injuries.
- Truck Manufacturer: In cases where a manufacturing defect in the truck or its components contributed to the accident, the manufacturer may be held liable. This is known as a product liability claim.
- Cargo Loaders: If the accident is caused by improper loading or securing of cargo, the individuals or companies responsible for loading the truck can be held liable. Shifting cargo can lead to a loss of control and accidents.
- Government Entities: If the road conditions or signage were a contributing factor in the accident, government entities responsible for road maintenance and safety may share liability. This is often seen in cases involving poorly maintained roads, inadequate signage, or road hazards.
- Other Drivers: Sometimes, other drivers on the road can contribute to a truck accident through their actions, such as sudden lane changes, failure to yield, or aggressive driving. In such cases, these drivers can be held liable alongside the truck driver or other responsible parties.
Ready to Fight for You
If you have been involved in a truck accident in Southlake, our attorneys can help you navigate the legal process and fight for the compensation you deserve. We have a proven track record of success in handling truck accident cases, and we will work tirelessly to help you get the justice you deserve.
My questions were heard and answered without having to ask twice.
“Value a capable team with experienced staff. For the past 9 months, the folks at the Law Offices of Mark Childress handled my case with class and empathy. My questions were heard and answered without having to ask twice. I felt like I was kept in the loop and always briefed properly. As I move forward with other ventures I wouldn't be surprised if we crossed paths again. And hats off to Konner, THANK YOU!”
Mark was there to answer every question, every phone call and did it in a way that I felt as if I were his only client.
“I needed an attorney who would stand up for me and my child during a very hard time. Mark was there to answer every question, every phone call and did it in a way that I felt as if I were his only client. He was very knowledgeable not only about the law but about the opposing attorney and the judge. He prepared me well and we won our case. I would recommend Mark Childress to anyone who is fighting for custody or in need of child support.”
I highly recommend him and his staff. They are courteous, prompt and they care.
“I called in inquiring about a divorce and how it all happens. I had 2 people call me back within an hour and in an hour maybe 2 I was talking with the lawyer. I highly recommend him and his staff. They are courteous, prompt and they care. Divorce is the hardest thing we will go through minus losing a kid and his team will be retained. He even called me back himself the next day to see how I was. Great service.”
This guy is amazing. In a matter of minutes, he accomplished what no other attorney could in 6 years.
“This guy is amazing. In a matter of minutes, he accomplished what no other attorney could in 6 years. He had my case figured out in 1short conversation and had what he called "a convoluted mess" fixed. I'm pretty sure my ex felt like he'd been hit by a bus. My family is finally in tact and everyone is finally happy.”
Direct Access To Your Attorney
Our Attorneys personally handle each case themselves. You will have direct access to your attorney to be able to get the answers that you need.
TransparencyHonesty and transparency are critical in building trust with your attorney. You will always know what is going on with your case every step of the way.
At our firm you're not just a case number, our staff will always know the status of your case and help to make your situation more manageable.
Personalized ApproachOur team understands that no two cases are the same. Your strategy will be tailored specifically to you and your family's goals.